General Building Contractor, Certified Home Inspector and Licensed EPA Renovator. I am winding down my years of pounding nails, building custom homes and additions, renovating kitchens and bathrooms, and converting cellars and attics into beautiful living spaces. I am doing more and more home inspections as my bones age and my back gives out. Now I find it easier to look objectively at home structures than to build them. My goal here on Stack Exchange is to help DIY'ers do it the right way and share my years of building experience with them. I may not always give the most popular answer, but I will always give my best informed advise.
Top Network Posts
- 172Is there an easy way to measure the height of a tree?
- 50Should I use nails or screws for hanging drywall on the ceiling?
- 39How do I install an electrical outlet on a live circuit?
- 37Should I agree to have more insulation added to my attic?
- 31Why does my dishwasher back up into the sink, but running the disposal allows it to drain?
- 28My dryer heating element broke in two: Can I just wrap the ends together?
- 28Does a bathroom exhaust fan have to vent to the outside?
- View more network posts →