Jay Lance Photography
Have been teaching photography for more than a decade. Owner of Jay Lance Photography in Spokane, WA. Visit us at www.jaylance.com!
In terms of questions I tend to answer, and subjects I feel I 'know a thing or two' about, I especially like questions having to do with lighting and studio photography, the 'art of photography' and 'the business of photography.'
I also think that too many people worry far too much about the technical side of producing photographs and in all their navel-gazing and 'worrying about the minutia,' they forget to actually get out and take pictures in order to become better photographers. Two things that I'm always telling students of mine are: 'get the art right, and the technical will fall into place.' and 'you only have to worry about the technical side of photography if your pictures suck.'
Top Network Posts
- 128What are the best techniques for photographing overweight people?
- 81In portrait photography, what is 'broad' lighting? What is 'short' lighting?
- 75In portrait photography, what is 'broad' lighting? What is 'short' lighting?
- 64What is Rembrandt lighting, and when do I use It?
- 59What is Rembrandt lighting, and when do I use It?
- 56What is the 'Golden Ratio' and why is it better than the 'Rule of Thirds?'
- 51How can one learn to shoot with both eyes open, and what are the advantages?
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted... yet.